We all know what it's like to put off an important conversation at work -- whether asking for a raise or promotion, or telling an employee that there's a problem with his or her performance. Now Debra Fine, conversation and communication guru, shows us how to come out on top of those dreaded office chats -- and how to achieve what we want in each situation. Debra includes specific advice on exactly what to say, when to say it, and what body language to use to achieve the desired results. Learn how to:
The Fine Art of the Big Talk
- Become skilled at the art of quiet negotiation
- Determine your "sales" message
- Keep meetings on track and stick to an agenda
- Analyze what your body language conveys (often it's not what you think )
- Overcome public-speaking fears
- Offer feedback to employees and bosses alike in a constructive, productive way
- Reduce conflict in the office and with customers and clients
- Fire someone or deny someone an expected promotion
- Inform that longtime supplier that his products haven't met with quality standards lately, and tell that major customer that her shipment is going to be late
- Master e-mail and voice messaging etiquette, and make a positive impression every time
- And much more.
is the perfect book for CEOs, managers, and principals, as well as staff and administration, who want to gain techniques that result in improved work environments, increased revenues, and positive interactions in the workplace.Author:
8.60h x 5.70w x 0.90dISBN:
*Free Shipping on purchases of $35 and over
How long does it take to process an Order?
Please allow 1 to 2 business days to ship an order excluding Sundays or holidays. This is our norm. There may be potential delays on occasion due to high volume orders or postal service problems that are outside of our control. All orders received after 12 noon CT will be processed on the next business day.
How do I check the status of my order?
When your order has shipped, you will receive an email notification from us which will include a tracking number you can use to check its status. Please allow 48 hours for the tracking information to become available.
If you haven’t received your order within 5 to 8 business days of receiving your shipping confirmation email, please contact us at email@example.com with your name and order number, and we will look into it for you.
What are my shipping charges?
Shipping charges for your order will be calculated and displayed at checkout.
Where do you ship to?
We ship to all U.S. addresses including APO and FPO military addresses.
What is your Return Policy?
In the event of a damaged book or lost order please email Good News! Book Fair at firstname.lastname@example.org upon receiving.