What Does the Constitution Really Mean?
Are liberals right when they cite the "elastic" clauses of the Constitution to justify big government? Or are conservatives right when they cite the Constitution's explicit limits on federal power? The answer lies in a more basic question: How did the founding generation intend for us to interpret and apply the Constitution? Professor Brion McClanahan, popular author of The Politically Incorrect Guide(TM) to the Founding Fathers
, finds the answers by going directly to the source--to the Founding Fathers themselves, who debated all the relevant issues in their state constitutional conventions.
In The Founding Fathers' Guide to the Constitution
, you'll discover:
- How the Constitution was designed to protect rather than undermine the rights of States
- Why Congress, not the executive branch, was meant to be the dominant branch of government--and why the Founders would have argued for impeaching many modern presidents for violating the Constitution
- Why an expansive central government was the Founders' biggest fear, and how the Constitution--and the Bill of Rights--was designed to guard against it
- Why the founding generation would regard most of the current federal budget--including "stimulus packages"--as unconstitutional
- Why the Founding Fathers would oppose attempts to "reform" the Electoral College
- Why the Founding Fathers would be horrified at the enormous authority of the Supreme Court, and why the Founders intended Congress, not the Court, to interpret federal law
Authoritative, fascinating, and timely, The Founding Fathers' Guide to the Constitution
is the definitive layman's guide to America's most important--and often willfully misunderstood--historical document.Author:
7.90h x 5.30w x 0.80dISBN:
*Free Shipping on purchases of $35 and over
How long does it take to process an Order?
Please allow 1 to 2 business days to ship an order excluding Sundays or holidays. This is our norm. There may be potential delays on occasion due to high volume orders or postal service problems that are outside of our control. All orders received after 12 noon CT will be processed on the next business day.
How do I check the status of my order?
When your order has shipped, you will receive an email notification from us which will include a tracking number you can use to check its status. Please allow 48 hours for the tracking information to become available.
If you haven’t received your order within 5 to 8 business days of receiving your shipping confirmation email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and order number, and we will look into it for you.
What are my shipping charges?
Shipping charges for your order will be calculated and displayed at checkout.
Where do you ship to?
We ship to all U.S. addresses including APO and FPO military addresses.
What is your Return Policy?
In the event of a damaged book or lost order please email Good News! Book Fair at email@example.com upon receiving.