The Popular Encyclopedia of Christian Counseling: An Indispensable Tool for Helping People with Their Problems
Seasoned counselors and professors Tim Clinton and Ron Hawkins provide a landmark reference that offers a capstone definition of the emerging profession and ministry of the Christian counselor. Appropriate for professional counselors, lay counselors, pastors, students, and teachers, it includes nearly 300 entries by nearly 100 top Christian counselors. At approximately 500 pages, this practical guide focuses on functional aspects of Christian counseling and explores such important topics as...
- Christian counseling as a profession, ministry, and lay ministry
- Spiritual and theological roots
- Social, emotional, and relational issues
- Skills and essentials in Christian helping
- Ethical and legal considerations
- Intake, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment planning
- Premarital counseling, family therapy, and substance abuse
Counselors will also find up-to-date information on solution-based brief therapy, cognitive therapy and biblical truth, and trauma and crisis intervention. An essential resource for maintaining a broad and up-to-date perspective on helping others.
Author: Tim Clinton
Publisher: Harvest House Publishers
Binding Type: Hardcover
Size: 9.10h x 6.20w x 1.40d